Thursday, August 13, 2009

Impatience



Someone just can’t wait to be king. ;)

Art created for the weekly illustration submission site, IllustrationFriday.com. This is my devious take on the subject, “Impatience”, for the week of August 9th, 2009. Similarities to any royal family, or member of any royal family, either living or dead, are purely coincidental.

----

Sketched on 9”x12” Strathmore Sketch Paper. Image finalized and painted in Photoshop CS 3. About 5 days from concept to completion.

This is the earlier, incomplete version that I posted on Thursday night. Lots of painting and palette alterations have happened since then.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great illustration. It has a lot of energy, is skillfully executed, and reminds me of pulp cover art in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent illustration! love the dual action going on...at first I didn't see him catching the crown but when I did, it was very striking!
    and as an aspiring manga artist, I hope to reach your level and become published also someday :)

    ReplyDelete